A collection of work published across digital and print media…
– Why do all recent British movie posters look exactly the same?
– What makes Ansel Elgort the most annoying man in Hollywood?
– Seasickness, near-decapitation and no Keanu: the story of Speed 2
– The gentle giant behind the Predator mask: remembering 7ft 2in actor Kevin Peter Hall
– Bill Cosby versus the devil: Lisa Bonet, voodoo sex and the making of Angel Heart
– How a sex abuse comedy and a scathing letter brought Lindsay Lohan’s film career to a close
– In praise of Best Kiss, the MTV Movie Awards’s most ridiculous, funny and secretly progressive category
– Lawsuits, body doubles and sexploitation: why is London Fields such a disaster?
– Joseph Szabo: the teacher who photographed a bygone era of American youth
– The billionaire who funded the Hillary Clinton campaign… and the new Power Rangers movie
– The story of George Lazenby, one-Bond-wonder
– Oscar-winning director Barry Jenkins on privilege, awards and Moonlight
– Jackie Kennedy, movie lover: how the First Lady brought Hollywood to the White House
– Scream at 20: how Wes Craven and Kevin Williamson tore the slasher genre apart
– Hollywood’s most hated: is it time to give Katherine Heigl a second chance?
– The man who shot The Beatles, Ronald Reagan and Louis Armstrong
Little White Lies
– Coming of age with the cinema of Kirsten Dunst
– How Scream became the prom queen of slasher horror
– Revisiting Ellen DeGeneres’s forgotten hetero romcom
– Is Hollywood failing Lupita Nyong’o?
Us of America
– The potentially untrue stories that turned the humble hot dog into an American staple
– Deconstructing the influence of the American flag on popular culture
– Photographer Clyde Butcher on finding beauty in natural chaos
– How sunglasses came to define American pop culture cool
– The one-time LSD kingpin who turned his life into a comic book
– ’90s kids in their bedrooms: 20 years on
– How music transformed Malawi prisoners into Grammy-winning artists
– The A-list celebrities and their terrorist, dictator superfans
– The time early-’90s club kids met Joan Rivers
– How government-backed, billion-dollar lotteries exploit those most in need
– Has the world hit compassion fatigue for refugees?
– A personal tribute to David Bowie, the sound of my childhood
– The man fighting to save UK music venues and the alternative cultures created within
– How political correctness at university is threatening student art
– Why politicians naming their favourite musicians (almost) always fails
– Film Review: “Sherpa”
– Best film posters of 2015
– Neon melodies: Composer Cliff Martinez interviewed
The Big Picture Magazine
Four Frames: “Unfriended”
“Scream”: Don’t Reboot Me, Mr. Ghostface
Azealia, Azalea, Appropriator
American Dreamers: Child Stars and Post-Fame
Larry Clark: Won’t Somebody Think of the Children
Many additional feature articles and reviews have been archived on the official Concrete website here.
Undergrowth: UEA’s Creative Writing Anthology 2015 (Co-Editor) (2015)
Published by Egg Box, available to purchase here.